1752

District Status was granted and a formal name applied transitioning Elbow Plantation to the District of Palmer. The District of Palmer divided into the four villages- Three Rivers, Thorndike, Bondsville, and Depot Village. Three Rivers, Thorndike, Bondsville were developed as a direct outgrowth of a single large textile mill per village. Depot Village was developed as the transportation center and actively supported five railroads and two stage lines.