Worker's Compensation/FMLA

As required by law, the Town of Palmer covers all employees with Worker’s Compensation Insurance.  Worker’s Compensation Insurance pays for the medical bills related to a work-related injury or illness, and replaces a portion of the employee’s salary or wages.  Questions on what is covered should be directed to the Town Treasurer’s office.

A full written report of the injury must be immediately completed by the employee and signed by the Department Manager or designee so that the injury can be reported to the Town Manager’s Office and the insurance company within 48 hours, as required by law. 

Please note that an employee’s absence for a worker’s compensation injury or illness may also count as a Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave.

If you experience an on the job injury, please complete the forms below and return them to your Department Manager or designee.