The Town of Palmer offers town wide recycling on the first Saturday of each month from 8am to noon at the Department of Public Works Garage, 1015 Bridge Street, Palmer.
Be advised, it the event of a holiday or extreme weather, recycling may be rescheduled for the following week.
The following items are recyclable and may all be accepted:
- Glass containers from food and beverage, rinsed free of residue with the caps and lids removed and discarded. Please no broken containers.
- Aluminum cans from food and beverage, foils and tins rinsed free of residue.
- Plastic containers with the numbers 1-7 from food and beverage, laundry detergents, personal care products no larger than 3 gallons are recyclable. This is identified on the bottom of the container inside the embossed recycling symbol.
- Paper products including newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mixed paper, junk mail, computer printed paper and paper products such as cereal boxes, cardboard egg cartons, juice boxes, milk cartons, shoe boxes, gift boxes are all recyclable. Please remove any plastic or wax paper liners from food boxes. All cardboard should be flattened and no larger than 2 by 2 or 3 feet.
- Telephone books
The following items are not recyclable and should be disposed of with your household trash:
- Plastic bags including:
- Grocery bags
- Newspaper sleeves
- Paper towel / toilet paper over wrap
- Produce bags, dry cleaning bags
- Zip lock bags
- Styrofoam and other foam products
- Toys, coat hangers, flower pots, pots and pans, cookie sheets, small appliances
- Pizza boxes, paper plates, plastic forks, knives and spoons, take-out food containers and plastic coated plates
- Window glass, light bulbs, mirrors, and medicine bottles
- Motor oil, antifreeze and window washer containers
Recycling Grocery Bags
Bread bags and cereal bags, and grocery bags can be brought to local grocery stores to be recycled. Plastic recycling bins are located at entrances of the grocery stores.