All employees will be granted the following holidays with pay, provided the employee has worked on his/her last scheduled day prior to the holiday and his/her first scheduled day after the holiday, unless either or both of those days was his/her regular day off, he/she was out sick (with Town Manager approval), on vacation, or on an authorized day off:
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King Day - Third Monday in January
- President’s Day - Third Monday in February
- Good Friday (Half Day)
- Patriot’s Day - Third Monday in April
- Memorial Day - Fourth Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Columbus Day - Second Monday in October
- Veteran’s Day - November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- Friday Following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (One-half day or the full day if Christmas is on a Tuesday unless Christmas falls on Saturday or Sunday or Monday in which case the Employee does not receive Christmas Eve as a holiday.)
- Christmas Day - December 25
- Friday after Christmas (if Christmas falls on Thursday)
Employee Holiday pay will be pro-rated based upon the number of hours said employee is normally scheduled to work.
DPW/WWTP & Council on Aging
If a paid holiday falls on a Saturday, it will be observed on the preceding Friday. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday.
Town Hall Employees
If a paid holiday falls on a Friday or Saturday, it will be observed on the Thursday preceding the holiday. Sunday holidays will be observed on Monday. If town hall is scheduled to close for a Monday holiday, the extended Town Hall hours shall be observed on Tuesday of the given week.
During the week of Thanksgiving, Wednesday will assume a typical Friday schedule.